Friday, January 29, 2010

and on the seventh day . . .

I can't wait for people to see this. I've been working on this story for the better part of two years now. It has taken two years of writing, rewriting, and completely changing the story-telling medium to get the story and the characters where they are now -- and where they are now is nothing short of fantastic.

I can't wait for people to see this. I think it's going to rock some socks off. I'm so proud of all my actors, they're turning in performances of a lifetime. I'm so proud of my director. I've known Loren for nearly nine years now and to see him take charge of a set, to watch him coax those performances out of the actors, and always coming up with new and exciting ways to shoot these scenes (even when he doesn't feel like he has) has been a rare pleasure for me. I've never known someone as long as I've known Loren and to be able to mark his growth, to be able to see where he was and now where he is, is a real treat. I'm so proud of my crew. And when I say crew, I should really say Brian. We've had other crew members on set, but Brian has been our constant. He's been there every day, setting up and tearing down lights on a moment's notice, and somehow, always with the boom mic in hand.

I don't know if I can stress enough how thankful I am for everyone. Nobody is being paid to do this. Everyone is sacrificing their time and energy to tell this story. I appreciate each and every one of you so much. I am now going to spend the rest of my life trying to hire you.

And now, Day 7. Our last, big crazy day. I've prepped and I've prayed. Let's do this.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait to see this!! I feel like a proud mama! :)

    ReplyDelete