Thursday, January 27, 2011

writing episode 3

It hasn't even been a week and I'm already putting into practice that which I learned from the last episode. Episode 3, which does not have a name yet, begins with an opening sequence that is a bit unattached from the main story -- not unlike episode 1.

I was ready to move on from the opening sequence, type in "TITLE CARD," and move on to the meat of the episode, when I realized I could milk sequence just a little bit more. I could spend just a little bit more time with Alexander and really drive home the point I'm trying to make. One more scene and the audience will truly understand what's going on.

So I did. I spent a little extra time, caressed the sequence, and made it something special. I am now really excited to shoot it and fully understand the beginning, the middle, and the end. It'll be a great sequence and I can't wait to share it with you.

Just . . . not . . . yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment