Friday, December 3, 2010

first, episode six

Doing something I've never done before. I'm writing the last episode of a series before I flesh out 3-5. The Ruffians will be a six episode arc (with the potential and possibility for a second series). I wrote the first two episodes because they were the initial ideas and they needed to be put down on paper so I could focus on the rest of the series.

Then something strange happened. It's never happened like this before. I usually struggle with the ending of whatever I'm writing. But after episode 2, boom, I knew how it had to end. So I'm writing that now. Once I finish it, I'll go back and connect the dots. It's thrilling and freeing in a very new and interesting way. I like it and wouldn't mind it if all future projects worked out this way.

Trouble is, I can't control inspiration. It dictates the road I walk on.

No comments:

Post a Comment