Wednesday, November 3, 2010

a good night writing

Had a productive night writing tonight. Felt good. Real good. The night started with Derek Webb's lovely new album Feedback (which will probably become my writing soundtrack on many nights to come) and finished with the soundtrack to seasons 3 and 4 of Battlestar Galactica. It's so thrilling to write something that matches the music you're writing to.

I've got a book idea that combines several ideas/stories that I've been working on for the past couple of years. It's something strange and exciting and unlike anything I've ever seen or read before -- and that makes it worthwhile in my book.

I'm a bit paranoid, so I don't want to give away too much (online, at any rate), but I am willing to say that the main protagonist in the book is a guardian angel. It's not Touched By An Angel and it's not Highway to Heaven. If anything, it's a season of Doctor Who infused with all that I believe. There. I think I can say that without giving too much away. I don't know why I'm paranoid. I don't even know if anyone's out there reading this (even you faithful five followers). And of those of you who are probably not reading this, how many of you would try to steal this idea of mine?

Probably not one.

And I think I read somewhere that if I commit an idea to a blog, I can use that blog entry to support my claim that I'm the author of my idea, should you try to steal it. I need to go find that and make sure I'm reading that right . . .

I should also try to get some sleep at some point.

Meh. At some point. I think I'm going to go save Albion now. Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment