Thursday, April 15, 2010

Here, There Be Dragons

I have not so thoroughly enjoyed a book in a long time. I do a lot of my "reading" in audiobook format and often I'll listen for an hour or two, walk away, come back the next day, listen for a little bit until I realize my mind has wandered and I don't remember how Ender got to where he he was and I better stop now or else I'll be completely lost.

Not so with Here, There Be Dragons. It was a short audiobook, a wee seven and a half hours. I could not stop it. I could not pull myself away from it. I don't think I talked to anyone at work today. I was glued to my iPod. I am going out and searching for the rest of the series now.

It's one part rollicking British adventure and one part loving tribute to the writers that James A Owen obviously cherishes. I don't want to give too much away, because all of the twists and turns the story take really ought to be experienced first hand. I'll just say that if you enjoy and/or like The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lord of the Rings, and more recent fantasy adventures like Harry Potter, then you'll feel right at home with The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica -- the first book of which is Here, There Be Dragons.

No comments:

Post a Comment