Sunday, October 17, 2010

Role Reversal

I should be in bed.  It's eeeeearly Sunday morning but after my little diatribe Friday, I thought I should follow it up with this:

The day after I wrote that (a Saturday, if I recall), I was suddenly flooded with dialogue.  I had no idea where it came from.  I was finishing lunch and suddenly a scenario started playing out in my head.  Quickly polishing off my slice of apple pie, I whipped out my iTouch and began tapping away.  The conversation just flowed from my fingertips.  I never knew these characters before today, but suddenly I knew their whole story.  This is what became of that.  It feels like the first chapter in these two characters' stories.  I'm not entirely sure where it's going, but I like it.

I'll be posting their subsequent stories over at Happy Valley, if you'd like to see them.  Take your time getting over there, though.  I don't know when the next one's going up (have to write it first).

No comments:

Post a Comment