Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Remnant Newsletter #2: The Adventure of Links

I've been meaning to write this for a while. And since I stayed home today to sip tea and guzzle Dimetapp, I thought now might be a good time to update everyone on all that is Remnants.

The teaser trailer is out! If you haven't seen it yet, click, click, click your way over to it and watch it in all of its HD glory! It really looks fantastic (all praise be to Loren) and sets the proper tone for Season 1. As much as it shows, it doesn't give away anything and, really, should give you a good idea of what you're in for in Season 1. The music in the teaser is provided by Forest Magic, a local band who's album "Is Energy" has not stopped playing on my iPod since I bought it.

Loren is up in Nashville plugging away on the rest of the post production. I've now seen two (rough) episodes and they look marvelous. I don't want to oversell them too much, but they look better than Avatar. I don't want to spoil the ending, but just wait till you see our CG alien race*.

Meanwhile, a character calling themselves Demosthenes has popped up on the Internet, postulating all sorts of wacky theories and beliefs. This is a blog for conversation and argument. It's also a fun place to submerse yourself into the political and social world of Remnants. It's just the first in a series of peripheral websites we're going to have up, running, and informing the world of Remnants.

Meanwhile, here in Chattanooga, I am trying to secure a location to hold a premiere in. While Remnants is going to be a web series, I would like to hold a special premiere event for the cast, crew, and a few VIP's. We're looking at an early-to-mid April premiere date, with the official release of the first episode to follow soon after.

I've completed my outline for Season 2 (bigger! Bolder! More traumatic!) and I've started writing a special that will take place between Season 1 and 2. It'll be a fun little three episode arc that explores one corner of the Remnants world and will provide a little levity between the darker, more serious seasons.

Meanwhile, in Bakersfield, California, Jon Lachonis is working on our website. We have a meeting scheduled for later this evening to go over his art and web design. As soon as it's up, I'll be sharing the link with you.

So, in summary, all is well (except I'm sick) and a lot of hard work is still being done! And in case you missed it, or found all those pesky links cumbersome, here's our Season 1 Teaser Trailer:



* I better debunk that right now. There are no aliens in our series**.
** Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment